Wednesday, December 12, 2007

in love

A man has entered my life since my last post on my blog. A man who has been in my life for about six plus years but has become very, very special to me over the last five or six months.



This is me and Tommy. My best friend.

The Lord definitely knew what He was doing when He brought Tommy into my life to be my husband. Tommy is exactly the right person for me. He loves me unconditionally, is so patient with me, and thinks I'm beautiful (I know, right?!).

Never did I think I would be so blessed to have such an amazing man to share life's journey with. Tommy has blessed me in ways that are so indescribable. He points me toward God and his passion for the Lord makes me more passionate for God. His consistent kindness, patience, and listening ear have been exactly what this emotional, sensitive, soft-hearted mess needs. :)

I never liked the term soul mate. I always thought of Plato's myth of two people wandering the earth looking for their 'other half' and the thought that only one person can ever fill you. However, we read a beautiful Christian book on marriage and the last chapter asked, "Are you and your mate soul mates?" It covered how we are to become "soul mates" with our spouse. Our souls are to be joined as one in Christ. So, Tommy and I are soul mates. We are soul mates in Christ. I've never been as close to someone as I am to Tommy. Nobody knows me as well emotionally, mentally, or spiritually.

Engagement hasn't been a walk in the park, just ask Tommy. :) I sure haven't made parts of it entirely easy on him. But his patience and love for me have made this journey so much more beautiful. And the tears we've cried together have brought us so much closer.

Every day I find more and more reasons to love, respect, and appreciate him. I hope and pray that he feels the love from me that I feel from him. There is no one else I would want to spend the rest of my life growing old with, laughing and loving our way through the years.

On January 13th, we will become one in marriage and complete what God started years ago. Although marriage is a little intimidating at times... I know it will be beautiful because God planned it. Yes, there will be good times and hard times, but I am embarking on this journey with the two men I trust and love most in the world, my God and my soul mate.

2 Comments:

Blogger jw said...

I love it!

4:34 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

Hey, Nat. I stumbled across your blog through others... I loved your post.
We won't be able to make it Sunday but know that we are so thrilled for you and wish you both God's blessings!
Love,
Ben, Kristy, Cade & Cole
P.S. I've added your blog to my faves on my blog if that's ok; my blog address is http://kccommunicationwiththeoutsideworld.blogspot.com/

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home