Sunday, November 12, 2006

about that blogging thing...

Been a while.

Lots of stuff has been happening lately. God's definitely been working, I can feel it. Do you ever feel like God is trying to teach you something, but you're just not sure what it is? All you know is that it's something big because you wouldn't be feeling the way you're feeling if it wasn't God. Hm... does that make sense?

I was in Schaumburg this weekend with my sisters, my mom, and my nephew. We went shopping. Good times with the girls. (And Landon) I've definitely been learning the importance of family lately. No matter how hard I fall or what kind of questions I have, they're there. Waiting for me to come home and spill my guts about a hard class or a friend who's let me down. I thank God for a family who loves the Lord!

Know what song I've recently come to love? "Great is Thy Faithfulness". Powerful words that speak straight to your heart til the message goes to your head that He really, really is faithful. Regardless of how I feel, my God is faithful. When I don't feel His presence, God is faithful. When all I see in the world around me is sin and darkness, my God is faithful. When I'm crawling through the valley or jumping along the mountaintops, my God is faithful.

Do you ever feel like you expect someone to meet you halfway in a relationship? You expect to give and take from a relationship, right? You don't want to be giving the whole time and you know you shouldn't be taking the whole time either. Well, my God loves me. And I feel like I'm just at the brink of the beginning of falling in love with Him. He's loved me before I even knew what love was (not that I really know much now). He's gone the entire way the whole time. He knows I'll never be able to love Him or serve Him in return to the amount He really deserves. But He sincerely and patiently asks me to try. At least to the very best of my ability and with my whole heart. He's been teaching me about what it really means to fall in love with Him and serve Him without reservation. No fear; just simple trust.

Praise God for all He has done, is doing, and will continue to do in the future! How matchless are His ways!

What an Honor it is to Serve my King

11 Comments:

Blogger megs said...

thanks for sharing natalie!! i love you!!

11:03 PM  
Blogger taryn said...

What a great post! Thanks for sharing... you're a gem. Also thanks in advance for hosting girl's bible study tomorrow night... I am sure it will be superb and spiritually rewarding. T

12:47 AM  
Blogger Morgan said...

Oooh! We're singing GiTF at the reception! :) Lookin' forward to having you out!

1:13 AM  
Blogger scott said...

this looks like a distraction! but it's a worthy one.

it's such a great feeling when i'm struggling with trust and God just speaks to me in that still, small voice, telling me not to worry because He is in control of it.

anyhoo, hope your day is productive!

6:25 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

thanks nat. i love you.

8:03 PM  
Blogger jw said...

thanks too. I think it's a perfect outlook, especially for a girl, to think of Jesus Christ as their prince, all they ever need, and likewise for a guy to do that in a slightly different sense. He is the most real love relationship I ever want, and the only one that can properly grow any other relationship. Great post indeed.

2:37 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Amen...great hymn too...that one will have to go on my wall!

1:39 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

It was most wonderful to see your beautiful face my dear!

6:49 PM  
Blogger natz said...

I love you all you guys. Thanks for the encouragement and for being great Christian friends.

I appreciate each of you.

10:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been to Scott's apartment twice in the past month and would have said hello if you were around. Second shift sucks.

12:31 AM  
Blogger scott said...

she's rarely here on weekends, kup.

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home