Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Quote

Oswald Chambers said, "God comes with the grip of the pierced hand of His Son and says, 'Enter into fellowship with Me; arise and shine.' If through a broken heart God can bring His purposes to pass in the world, then thank Him for breaking your heart."

Third Day said the same thing with "You Are Mine."

It doesn’t take much
For my heart to break
And you have done it
For what’s seems the millionth time

Whenever I hear
Of your saving grace
And how you gave your life
In exchange for mine

Sometimes I wonder why you even love me
And why you ever chose to call me child
Then I remember
It’s by your sacrifice
I can say that
I am yours and you are mine

It doesn’t take much
For me to shed a tear
And you have done so many things
To make me cry
Whenever I think
Of all that I’ve done wrong
And everything that you have done
To make it right

It doesn’t take much
For my heart to break
And you have done it
For what’s seems the millionth time

It terrifies me to ask God to break my heart. But I think that's a sacrifice we're called to make. If anybody knows what heartbreak is like, it's God. Do I have such little faith that I don't think He'd be able to help me through it? What the world now calls love has put such a negative tone to the word heartbreak. But as for me, I think I could definitely use some of God's heartbreak.

I hope this made sense... I'm in one of those, I make sense to myself, but maybe not to anyone else kind of moods. Anywayz... love you all. Keep shining bright!

7 Comments:

Blogger Joel said...

It was a pleasure meeting you finally this weekend. Great thoughts. I love the way music can convey thoughts so beautifully.

10:27 PM  
Blogger Mark Miller said...

Hey Nat! I'm glad to hear things went well with Masa. Did you find a Bible yet? I found out Gideons make a parallel New Testament, and I got one (for free) when I was in Japan. If you'd like, I can mail it to you. Just email me your address.

2:47 PM  
Blogger natz said...

Hey Mark! Thanks so much for your help! Yeah, I'd love to get that Bible for Masa! Yeah, let me know your email address or phone number cuz I don't really want to give it out over my blog.

5:05 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Hi Natalie! Yep, I remember you! :) Hope your week is going well!

11:08 PM  
Blogger Luke said...

great thoughts!

10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:33 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

I loove that song and your post really made me look at it and think about the words. Thanks!!! I now like that song even more.

Kristi

1:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home