Saturday, September 24, 2005

left speechless

Guess who came to my house tonight? Justin Wiegand. Yes, the Justin Wiegand from Denver. The Justin Wiegand who broke his back. The Justin Wiegand that they said wasn't supposed to survive his fall. The Justin Wiegand who they said may never walk again. That Justin Wiegand walked... walked into my house tonight. He still had his brace and Canadian crutches, but he walked into my house.

God is so incredible. Justin has been such a faith-strengthening person for me to watch. He has completely relied on God and he has consistently given all the credit to God. I don't know how many times I've heard him tell me, "It's not me. It's all God." He would want me to tell you all thank you for all the prayers and everything. I just sat there in amazement. He sat there and talked to me! He's home! And he's recovering! He's walking and he's still Justin. Still the same fun-loving guy. I just can't help but smile when I think of God's power and how He worked in Justin's life and all those around him. If you want to see Justin smile, ask him about the people he met out at Craig Hospital. Sounds like he made some amazing relationships. Especially with Denver church. Joel Leman, for one, (Caleb Leman's brother) obviously had a huge impact.

Lord, Thank You, for bringing him back home in the condition he's in. You deserve all the glory, honor, and praise. Thank You for all the relationships he and his mom made while in Colorado. Continue to work in those lives out there and draw them close to You. I love You, and lift up Your name. Amen.

6 Comments:

Blogger Joel said...

I actually had nothing to do with the impact. Once again it was God. Take good care of Justin cuz I love him. We see you all soon I hope. Tell him hi.

11:20 PM  
Blogger Joel said...

I meant to say we WILL see you all soon. (Chalk on up for Colorado english classes)

11:21 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

Chalk onE up for Colorado spelling classes too.

4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NATALIE- I read your blod and it just gave me goosebumps all over. You are a wonderful girl you know that! I really want to have a heart-to-heart with you and continue our talk we had in Taylor. Call me sometime. We should hang out or go out to eat or something! Love ya ~ Erin H

4:58 PM  
Blogger Luke said...

Praise God from whom all blessings flow. Praise him you creatures here below.

9:16 AM  
Blogger Mark Miller said...

This is just a shout out! Good to hear from you (and of course to see you this past weekend).

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home