Thursday, September 29, 2005

Prayer Request

Prayer Request for ya'll. Today I sat down in the computer lab and a kid in my Spanish class (where we had just come from) sat down next to me. Sidenote: He's basically brilliant and is Japanese. He now speaks Spanish, English, and Japanese. He deserves a huge high-five from me! Anyways, somehow we got on the topic of Church. He said he thinks he's atheist, but he really respects and admires people who go to church and have faith in something. He said he's a very practical person and can't believe in what he can't see. He said he'd be interested in going to church though. So I asked him if he wanted to come to church with me this Sunday. He said yes!
So, hopefully it works out that he can come. If any of you are in church on Sunday and see him, please make an effort to talk to him. He's a really neat guy and obviously is confused spiritually. Pray that I'll know what to say to him and that he'll have an open and willing heart if he comes on Sunday. Thanks guys!

9 Comments:

Blogger Mark Miller said...

Nat, that sounds like an awesome oppurtunity! There are some Japanese English parallels that were actually just put together this year! The problem is, they are REALLY expensive. It's not unusual to pay $100 for a Bible. They also sell out fast. I read that the Good News English/Japanese New Testament isn't very good too. This one may be good
http://asianbookone.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=4439

you can also try http://www.bibles.com/product_list.asp?CatalogName=ABS_NEW&CategoryName=Bilingual+Bibles&crumb=Bilingual+Bibles%7C&Page=

or
http://www.intervarsity.org/ism/article_item.php?article_id=3523

Let me know if you have any more questions or need help. I will pray for you!

Mark

2:25 PM  
Blogger Luke said...

If you need help monetary help to purchase him a bible let me know.

I'll be praying for you.

2:45 PM  
Blogger scott said...

you can count on my prayers for both of you.

3:25 PM  
Blogger Joel said...

Good luck on the morrow. I twilt be with you in prayer my sister that has yet to meet mine eyes.

10:51 PM  
Blogger Luke said...

So what happened? Did he come? Did it go "well"?

9:53 AM  
Blogger natz said...

It did go well! Cody Maher came down to Bloomington with me on Sunday morning to get him and he stuck out a whole day! It was even the Choir Sing day so it was about a half hour-45 minutes longer than a normal day.

I was so appreciative that Cody was willing to be used. I called him Sunday morning and got him out of bed to come with me and then took Masa with him all day. He explained the whole headcovering and greetings thing. Masa had a lot of questions, so that was good. We had good sermons and I was glad he could be there on a day where there were so many Christians together worshipping in song! God is so good and so all-knowing.

I found out he actually plays basketball on Tuesday nights with AC guys from Bloomington, he just didn't know they were AC. On the way home from church, Masa asked me and Cody, "So you guys literally know everybody?" Cody and I smiled and were like, wow. We really are blessed to have such a united church where we know people from all over and have the bond of serving Christ.

I hope he takes what he heard and thinks about it. Pray that God will prick his heart into searching Him out. Thanks for your prayers!

12:46 PM  
Blogger taryn said...

Natalie, that's GREAT! How encouraging. I'll keep praying for him!

T

9:34 PM  
Blogger megs said...

natz, it was great to meet Masa and see him ask all those questions about everything!! i hope wants to learn more hopefully those bloomington boys can get him roped in there! i love you dear! have a great week!!

i have a really fun word verification!!... jjisoz!

10:55 PM  
Blogger megs said...

oh i forgot to add this... "if you or masa would like any monetary help i, like luke would be more than willing! just let me know! i would LOVE for him to start reading the Bible and asking all kinds of questions!!"

10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home